Here's a sweet spring salad treat to make in your spiralizer! Features apple and carrot spirals with walnuts and strawberries in a sweetly tangy blended dressing made of strawberries, cashews, hemp seed and almonds with some fresh lemon juice and a dash of nama shoyu.
1 large carrot
1 medium apple
2 large strawberries, chopped
1 tbsp raw walnuts, chopped
1 tbsp sprouted lentils (optional)
2 large strawberries
1 tbsp raw cashews *
1 tsp raw almonds *
1 tsp hemp seed
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
Dash of Nama Shoyu
Water as needed to blend
1 large strawberry, sliced
5 large walnut pieces
(1) Spiralize carrot and apple into thin spirals. Put in a bowl, add other salad ingredients, and toss.
(2) Put dressing ingredients in a blender, and blend until smooth, adding water as needed.
(3) Add dressing to salad ingredients in the bowl, and coat thoroughly by tossing further.
(4) Place a serving of the dressed salad on the center of a serving plate. Garnish with sliced strawberries and walnut pieces.
(5) Serve fresh.
* Store bought versions of these ingredients are often not raw, so you may need to purchase them at an online specialty store to make a fully raw dish.
For more delightful raw vegan recipes like this one, please check out Raw From The Garden's website at www.RawFromTheGarden.com today!
Update: Raw From The Garden's featured living food chef and recipe book author Alice Dee will be teaching a series of delicious weekend retreat workshops this year on using the "Raw Vegan Cuisine for Healing and Weight Loss" at beautiful Spirit Lake Hermitage in Northern California. Click here for more details and the event dates.